The Woodland Trust #NatureDetectives
As a family we love getting outdoors, there is nothing better that discovering new places especially if there is also a picnic involved.
The Woodland Trust asked us if we’d be interesting in working together on a project and of course we jumped at the chance, for those of you that don’t know about The Woodland Trust here is a little bit about them.
To help get children involved they have a special membership for under 9’s called Nature Detectives.
If you head over to the Nature Detectives part of the website you’ll find lots of fun activities to try out for children aged 0-2, 3-5 and 6+ and you’ll also find a fun drawing competition for Under 9’s where you can win goodie bags and the top prize is a family Eurocamp holiday. There will be winners from all 3 ages groups.
You can also take out one of the New Family Memberships where you can join from just £5 a month and included in the membership is
- Membership to Nature Detectives.
- A Nature Detectives welcome folder and activity booklet, plus bookmark, nature passport and stickers.
- New seasonal activity pack four times a year posted to each Nature Detective, and weekly Facebook challenges.
- Different packs for different ages.
- A tree dedicated to you in your nearest Woodland Trust wood.
- A unique guide to native British trees.
- Directory of Woodland Trust woods to discover.
- Two copies of our Broadleaf magazine each year.
- Two copies of The Woods Today magazine each year.
- Emails with details of activities, events and lots more.
All you need to do now is search you your nearest woods by using their search tool on the website – Find a wood
Written in collaboration with The Woodland Trust, all thoughts and opinions are our own.
Now it’s competition time you can win a Woodland Trust goody bag that contains – award winning notepads, Shopping Bag, Swatch, Jigsaw and a mug.
One person will be selected from one of those NOT both. Open to over 18s only and UK residents. Competition ends 12pm Sunday 9th August.